- Deliver groceries with Postmates,
- Take paid surveys with Survey Junkie,
- Use SwagBucks as a Search engine,
- Become a LifePoints community member,
- Get paid to read email and watch TV with InboxDollars,
- Test products with Pinecone Research and get paid,
- Flip (or sell) textbooks for profit with BookScouter,
- Rent out your extra space with Airbnb,
- Rent out your car with Getaround,
- Get earning with Uber Eats,
- Become an Instacart shopper,
- Refer new users to Vindale Research,
- Get paid to be a freelance proofreader,
- Become a freelance writer,
- Become a real estate king with Fundrise,
- Buy dividend paying stocks through Ally invest,
1. Deliver groceries with Postmates
How much does it pay? Experienced drivers make up to $27 per hour according to Postmates.
Postmates is an American company that employs couriers to deliver goods locally.
- No startup fees or time commitments.
- A more flexible means of earning than you’re traditional 9 to 5.
- You take home 100% of what you earn
- As a Postmates courier you’ll be able to capitalize on this trend by delivering things like groceries, takeout food, or even alcohol depending on the state.
- You don’t need to own a vehicle. A bike is enough, or by walking if you are close enough.
- Low pay for wait times.
- Not available or active in some areas.
- A few cheapskates here and there.
- Restaurants can be slow.
- Addresses aren’t always right and GPS can send you to the wrong spot.
How to get started?
Sign up to Postmates, And all you’ll have to do is pass a basic background check to get started. Once Postmates verifies your identity, they’ll send you a delivery bag and a prepaid card (in the mail) that you’ll use to purchase delivery items
2. Take paid surveys with Survey Junkie
How much does it pay? Variable. Earn between $0.25-$3 per completed survey.
Companies want to understand consumers better, and one way they do that is by compensating survey-takers. Websites like Survey Junkie will pay you a decent chunk of change for the low-maintenance, borderline mindless task of completing surveys.
- Survey Junkie adds new surveys every day
- They are a legitimate way to earn a few bucks with very little effort.
- You won’t get rich by taking surveys.
How to get started.
When you sign up for an account, Survey Junkie will ask you a few questions. They’ll want to know about your interests and shopping habits so they can match you with surveys that are applicable to you. Answer as accurately as possible to ensure you’re eligible for the surveys they send you.
Survey Junkie adds new surveys every day, which means you’ll want to circle back frequently to see if there are newly available surveys.
- Earned points can be redeemed to cash via PayPal.
3. Use SwagBucks as a Search engine.
How much does it pay? Up to $50 per month for active use + earn a $10 sign-up bonus.
- No extra Effort needed.
- Use Swagbucks as a default search engine and browse as usual.
How it works
- You’ll earn points (Swagbucks) just by surfing the web like you normally do.
- You can’t fool the system (as they have systems to prevent that), but you can expect to earn 10 to 20 Swagbucks for every 10 to 20 eligible searches you complete.
- Redeem your Swagbucks for cash via PayPal. 100 SB = $1.00 (or more).
4. Become a LifePoints community member.
How much does it pay? Between $0.50-$1.00 per completed survey + 10 bonus points.
- Similar to Survey Junkie.
- LifePoints rewards members for sharing their opinions on the products and services that they use on a daily basis.
- The Feedback Given to them by you helps large companies and brands make alterations to their products for all their customers.
- They award you with Lifepoints in return for your contribution.
- Redeem Lifepoints for amazing rewards or free gift cards.
Bonus: By registering today, LifePoints will award you 10 bonus points immediately.
5. Get paid to read email and watch TV with InboxDollars.
How much does it pay? Variable. Earn $4-$5 per month for watching daily TV content (and up to $50 per day when utilizing all earning activities) + a $5 sign-up bonus.
- InboxDollars will pay you quick money for opening and skimming emails, and answering questions about the emails you read.
- There is a $5 signup bonus.
- Most question sets pay from $0.50 to $5.00 and take 3 minutes to 25 minutes to complete.
- Payed upto $20 if you match the demographic they are looking for.
- InboxDollars also allows you to earn by watching daily TV clips on their site.
- Its a Cash-only system, so you don’t have to worry about converting points to cash or only being compensated in gift cards
6. Test products with Pinecone Research and get paid.
How much does it pay? Variable. $3 per completed review. Occasional free products by mail.
- Pinecone Research polls consumers about products on behalf of larger companies looking for answers.
- Pinecone will occasionally send products to your home for you to use and test. This is brand-dependent, but often, in exchange for a quality-review, they’ll let you keep the product rather than send it back.
- Free product + get paid to review it
- Every completed survey earns you exactly $3.
- Cash out in $3, $5, or $15 increments and expect a check or PayPal deposit in 3-5 days.
7. Flip (or sell) textbooks for profit with BookScouter.
How much does it pay? Variable (vendor dependent).
Textbooks cost hundreds of dollars. In fact, it’s not uncommon for engineering and healthcare-related books to come in just below $1,000.
If you’re a student trying to offload books at the end of each semester, this is a sure-fire way to get the most for your books (instead of going with whatever price the local bookstore gives you).
- No need to buy new inventory.
- Sell books that you already own.
- Set your own pricing. (No need to worry about prices set by bookstores)
- Easily available customer base. (College Juniors)
8. Rent out your extra space with Airbnb.
How much does it pay? Variable. The average Airbnb host makes $924 per month. Superhosts can make $100,000+ per year.
If you have a room to spare in your home, Airbnb could be the perfect way for you to make some extra cash.
Resources : See how much your space might be worth,
- List a single room or your entire place, on the Airbnb App,
- Screen Potential Guests,
- Get Paid.
- Airbnb provides up to $1,000,000 worth of insurance to cover your belongings (and home) in the event something goes wrong.
9. Rent out your car with Getaround
How much does it pay? Variable. Per Getaround, users can make up to $800 per month (about $10,000 per year).
Disclaimer : Only works if you have a vehicle, preferably a Car,
- Getaround lets you list your vehicle on the app and automatically connects you to people in your area who need to borrow one.
- Renters can view, book, and retrieve your car straight from the app, so you don’t have to mess around with scheduling a meetup to exchange keys.
- you get access to premium parking as well as a $50 monthly rental credit.
- $1 million insurance coverage, you can rest assured that your property is in good hands
How to get started?
- It only takes a few clicks to put your car to work with Getaround. Just sign up and name your car, set the location and availability, and enter a description.
- Rental earnings accrue on a monthly basis and are paid on the 15th of the following month.
10. Get earning with Uber Eats
How much does it pay? Get paid up to 5 times per day. Earn between $10-$15 per hour.
Deliver Food from hotels or diners in your spare time.
- It takes just minutes to sign up.
- You have no boss, and your “hours” are whatever you want them to be.
- Instant Pay, you get same-day cashouts (up to 5 times per day!).
This is the best way to get immediate cash.
Pro Tip: Once you get registered, head on to Google and learn everything about Boost and Surge Zones, Quest Goals, and Choose Your Quest — they’re all ways to multiply your earnings on top of base fares and other offers.
11. Become an Instacart shopper
How much does it pay? Shoppers in some regions earn up to $20 per hour.
Instacart is designed to help people who chooses not to go out or is compelled not to go out because they are sick unable to drive.
- As an instacart shopper you will be working to help these people, when a customer places an order, you retrieve the items from the desired store and deliver them to that person’s home.
- Plus you get to bring a smile on their faces while getting paid to do it.
12. Refer new users to Vindale Research
How much does it pay? Variable. $5 per referred user + a $1 sign-up bonus.
Vindale Research, Similar to Pinecone research, its a company that helps companies learn about consumers.
- You can earn upto $50 per survey you take.
- Earn an extra bonus $5 for referring a friend to sign up.
- No time constraints.
Advice : Focus more on referring more people, as that is a guaranteed source of income.
How to get started :
To start, register for Vindale Research, log in and grab your referral link, and then get creative about how and where you’ll find new users.
13 Get paid to be a freelance proofreader
How much does it pay? Freelance proofreaders earn $56,762 per year on average according to ZipRecruiter ($4,730 per month).
If you are good at catching typos and grammar errors in written text, this is a great option for you
Freelance Proofreaders are hired to find out grammatical and typographical mistakes in a document.
- Relatively Low Startup Costs
- No Storefront Is Needed
- Formal Training or Certification Is Not Needed
- Availability to a Broad Range of Potential Clients
- Command of the English Language Is Not Enough
- It Can Take Time to Build up a Steady Client Base
Selling the value of your work might be as challenging as selling the fact that you are the right person to do the work
Here are some tips to get started
- Work from a printout, not the computer screen.
- Read out loud. This is especially helpful for spotting run-on sentences, but you’ll also hear other problems that you may not see when reading silently.
- Use a blank sheet of paper to cover up the lines below the one you’re reading. This technique keeps you from skipping ahead of possible mistakes.
- Use the search function of the computer to find mistakes you’re likely to make. Search for “it,” for instance, if you confuse “its” and “it’s;” for “-ing” if dangling modifiers are a problem; for opening parentheses or quote marks if you tend to leave out the closing ones.
- If you tend to make many mistakes, check separately for each kind of error, moving from the most to the least important, and following whatever technique works best for you to identify that kind of mistake.
- Use Spell Check on your computer
14. Become a freelance writer
How much does it pay? Freelance proofreaders earn $63,809 per year on average according to ZipRecruiter ($5,317 per month).
Love writing? There are hundreds of thousands of immediate-hire job openings available nationwide for writers who love to write, or specialise in certain topics.
Take advantage of niche specific bloggers, small business owners and big brands, that are willing to pay high amounts of money for high quality freelance writers.
This works because it’s often cheaper to hire a freelance writer than employ a staff member full time with benefits.
Before you begin Expect to pay some money upfront in learning how to build up your skills and pitch to potential clients.
On a positive note, you’ll be able to build up and generate positive cash flow under as little as a few days as you start gathering your clients
15. Become a real estate king with Fundrise
How much does it pay? 8.7-12.4% annual returns since inception, according to Fundrise.
Before Fundrise, Real Estate investing was only viable for wealthy individuals that had hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash, or hundreds of thousands of dollars in mortgage debt to be paid by Tenants , Read on how this model works here.
But with Fundraise, You can start real estate investing with as little as $500,
As their site says, “Regardless of your net worth, you can now benefit from real estate’s unique potential for generating consistent cash flow and long term appreciation, this is a level of real estate investing that was previously reserved for only the wealthiest investors and institutions”
Start with as little as $500 and take advantage of their expected 8.7-12.4 annual returns.
16. Buy dividend paying stocks through Ally invest
How much does it pay? Variable. Dependent on deposit size, stock market performance, and asset allocation. Earn up to a $3,500 cash bonus with a qualifying deposit.
Investing in the stock market has been one of the most consistent ways to create wealth over the past 100 years,
- the S&P 500 has consistently returned 8% per year on average. A far higher return than savings accounts, CDs, money markets, or any number of other vehicles for saving and investing your money.
- Investing can be a powerful tool for generating passive returns. Given that you don’t have any immediate debts and aren’t living paycheck to paycheck.
How to get started
We recommend going through a discount broker like Ally invest, as they have some of the lowest fees in the industry, are easy to use and generally offer a generous signup bonus
The two most popular are
- No advisory fees
- Completely automated investing
- $100 account minimum
- Interest-earning cash buffer
- Commission-free trading*.
- $0 account minimum to get started
- Upto $3500 cash bonus
- Transfer Fee Reimbursement
*Commission-free trading for U.S. listed stocks, options and ETFs.
17. Get paid $10 to invest with Acorns
How much does it pay? Variable. Dependent on deposit size, stock market performance, and asset allocation. Get a free $10 at registration.
Acorns is a simple investing app that helps you grow your savings by putting your money into investments designed to grow in value over time. If you are new to investing and want to get your feet wet, this is a great app to start with.
How Acorns works!
Its unique feature is, it works by rounding up the spare change from your everyday purchases and investing the difference in the stock market,
If you buy a coffee for $2.64, Acorns will move the 36 cents after rounding up into your investment account (So you spend $3 in total), overtime, these small contributions can add up
Acorns is offering a $5 signup bonus for every new accounts opened,
How to get started?
Acorns will deposit a free $10 into your account to help you get started.
18. Try peer-to-peer lending
How much does it pay? Variable. Users can expect between 5.06% to 8.74% APR according to Lending Club.
Peer to peer lending is a financial system that matches borrowers with investors that are willing to fund their loans for an interest.
As an individual investor, you act as a bank and fund projects that have promising potential returns
Companies like Lending Club takes the guesswork out of determining who is a potential good fit for your money.
All potential investments are screened by the company, and determine your risk, while assigning the percent of expected return on your investments
How to get started:
- Open an account and transfer as little as a $0.01 minimum initial deposit.
- Quickly and easily build a portfolio by investing in a range of Loans in increments as little as $25.
- Receive monthly payments of principal and interest as borrowers repay their loans.
- Reinvest payments or withdraw.
You’ll be investing in consumer credit. For example, Lending Club will charge a borrower 10% APR on a loan, and they’ll pass on 4-7% of the annual returns back to you for taking on the risk.